Revolubes dry running properties.
Metal surfaces that undergo treatment with the chemically active formula of Revolubes™ exhibit remarkable characteristics for running without the need for lubrication. In the event of lubrication failure, such as line blockage or maintenance mistakes, the equipment will remain unharmed.
Dry running surface welding:
1. When two metal surfaces come into contact and are set in motion, there is a risk of collision due to their raised sections.
2. This contact generates a high "flash temperature" exceeding 1400 °C, resulting in the welding of the two tips.
3. However, as the metal surfaces continue to move against each other, the welded areas begin to break apart, causing damage to the surface. The particles from the breakout become suspended in the oil or grease between the metal surfaces, leading to additional harm. While larger particles are captured by particle filters, the smallest particles persist, gradually increasing the tolerance level.
Revolubes™ stops welding:
1. As mentioned above
2. Once again, the highest temperature arises when the two raised sections collide, posing a risk of welding.
3. This is precisely where the Revolubes™ molecule comes into play: It forms a chemical-physical bond to safeguard the two elevated areas. Rather than welding, it facilitates smoothing, thereby preserving the tolerance level.
Revolubes™ under microscope:
Microscopic view on the rollers surfaces after the bearing roller test.
Clearly visible, the surface treated with Revolubes™ got smoothen and lacks welding marks, as opposed to its testing counterpart.